Cell recognition

USPS EMPLOYEE

I was wondering whether or not a cell can be recognized by its format without using VBA? For example, let's say there is a column of numbers with some underlined and I want to be able to determine which are underlined. As I am VBA challenged I was hoping that there was an IF statement or something that would help me determine a cells format.

Probably asking a bit much but thought I would pose the question anyway.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
And what method has been used to make some of the entries underlined exactly?

Upvote 0
I am doing a copy/paste from an HTML page that has all the data. Unfortunately, what is happening is the column of percentages that I am refering to is being rounded to the nearest tenth and not down to the actual number. It is highlighted and underlined and bold so I am using the format of the cell to determine whether or not I want to count it. If the percentile carried down a couple of more places I could use the number itself to determine the cutoff point.

I need to count all numbers above .1 but if the number is is actually .103 it automatically is rounded to the nearest tenth and therfore not counted but needs to be. Therein lies the problem.

Upvote 0
Welcome to MrExcel - I guess the question might better be: What is causing this rounding?

Any code running?

Upvote 0
You could create a Defined Name function using an old-style macro command.

Select a cell to the right of one of the cells to be tested, and do Insert/Name/Define and create a name of LeftCellUL, with a formula in the RefersTo box of:
Code:
=GET.CELL(22,Sheet1!I5)
replacing Sheet1!I5 with the cell to be tested reference.
then in the cell that was selected ( to the right of the cell to be tested ), type:
=LeftCellUL
which should return TRUE if the contents of the cell to the left has been underlined.

Upvote 0
No code running, just a simple copy/paste from a web page to a spreadsheet.

Tried your code Glenn but got FALSE on everything.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adamsxl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back