Cell Reference Issues

braid76458

I have been recently tasked with developing a workbook that will use two sheets (sheet 1) and (sheet 2). Sheet 1 has a list of questions that will be answered, and this will populate a table on Sheet 2 for management to reference.

The issue that has been giving me grief is that when a cell row is reference (Z1:Z250) on Sheet 1 by Sheet 2 and the table is populated with the information, and then that table is copied below, for a new set of questions, the reference for the rows jump in an increment of 7, instead of what I would like, which would be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc....

I understand why the reference is jumping in an increment of 7, this is due to the table, on Sheet 2, being 7 rows, however, I do not know how to make the function to where the reference stays on Sheet 1 rows (Z1:Z250) and only increments by a value of 1. Example Z1.Z2.Z3.Z4 and not Z1.Z8.Z15.Z22

I have tried multiple functions; Indirect, Offset, added Row, and made the reference cell absolute. All of these are lacking some small item, because the cell reference still jumped an increment of 7, except when I made the cell reference absolute and then the formula copied identical but I was unable to get the reference to increment by a value of 1.

To sum it up. I am in need of a function that will look at Z3 on Sheet 1, and populate a cell on Sheet 2. This function needs to be able to copied and pulled down without jumping in increments of 7, because it causes the reference on Sheet 1 to not be able to work, unless I skip 7 cells.

If anyone can offer up any help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks bunches

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Hi,

Maybe I'm being stupid but can you move the values you want to lookup somewhere in sheet 2, then simply use formulas on the same sheet and hide this?
Ex: sheet 2 cell AA1= A1 from sheet 1.
Make your formulas and hide columns from AA to whatever you need.
Maybe it helps.

Cheers,
Emil

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back