Cell returns 0 if blank.

dave2017

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have the below formula that works however if a cell is blank it returns a 0, so is possible to have it return a blank if the cell is blank ?

=IFERROR(INDEX('Paste From Compile'!B:B,SMALL(IF('Paste From Compile'!$M$4:$M$100>0,ROW('Paste From Compile'!$M$4:$M$100),""),ROW('Site Sheet'!B3))),"")

Iam using Ms office 2019 home and business on Windows pro 10.

Thanks David

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Are the non-blank values in column B of 'Paste From Compile' Text values, Numerical Values or a mixture of both?

Please add that information to your Account details (click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

1621504802346.png

Upvote 0
That didn't answer my question

Are the non-blank values in column B of 'Paste From Compile' Text values, Numerical Values or a mixture of both?

Also please review my previous post as I edited it.

Upvote 0
That didn't answer my question

Also please review my previous post as I edited it.
Hi Peter,

Apologies, I have updated my details.

Column B on the paste from compile sheet may be blank some times and will when data is entered it may contain a mixture of both.

Thanks David

Upvote 0
ps
Hi,

I have the below formula that works however if a cell is blank it returns a 0, so is possible to have it return a blank if the cell is blank ?

=IFERROR(INDEX('Paste From Compile'!B:B,SMALL(IF('Paste From Compile'!$M$4:$M$100>0,ROW('Paste From Compile'!$M$4:$M$100),""),ROW('Site Sheet'!B3))),"")

Thanks David

pls paste your sample data and expected output for the better understanding

meanwhile you can go through different example... not related to you , however you can steal something from this.

Return blank cell.xlsx
ABCDEFG
2500NO5000
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B2B2=IF(ISNUMBER(G2),IF(ISNUMBER(A2),IF(G2>A2,"NO","YES"),""),"")

Upvote 0
Just to be clear, is this True?
In column B of 'Paste From Compile' some cells contain numbers only and some cells contain text and some cells are blank

Upvote 0
In column B of 'Paste From Compile' some cells contain numbers only and some cells contain text and some cells are blank
Peter,

Yes that is correct.

Thanks David

Upvote 0
Then try this

Excel Formula:
=IF(INDEX('Paste From Compile'!B:B,SMALL(IF('Paste From Compile'!$M$4:$M$10>0,ROW('Paste From Compile'!$M$4:$M$10),""),ROW('Site Sheet'!B3)))="","",
INDEX('Paste From Compile'!B:B,SMALL(IF('Paste From Compile'!$M$4:$M$10>0,ROW('Paste From Compile'!$M$4:$M$10),""),ROW('Site Sheet'!B3))))

Upvote 0
Paste from compile image shows the completed data and if you look at B6 it was left blank.

Site Sheet image shows the results and formulas, however B6 is showing a 0 but should be blank.

Hope this helps

David

Attachments

• Paste From Compile.JPG
    Paste From Compile.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Site Sheet.JPG
    Site Sheet.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back