Cell shading as overlay

Eusr

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I've got a fairly large worksheet with columns that are grouped by category. There's shading in some of the rows. I'd like to shade the categories of columns variously without losing the row shading.
Is there a way to make all shading translucent and add conflicting shading (row crosses column or vice versa), and have the intersection cells show a hue that's the sum of the two that intersect there?
So, a light green column crosses a light blue row, with the intersecting cell a slightly deeper teal/turquoise?
It would help.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
I think 3 rules could do it. Look up using MOD in conditional formatting, so rows that are even (light blue), columns that are even (light green), and then one for when both exist (teal/turquoise).

Upvote 0
I think 3 rules could do it. Look up using MOD in conditional formatting, so rows that are even (light blue), columns that are even (light green), and then one for when both exist (teal/turquoise).
Thank you C Moore. I appreciate your help. It would be great if cell shading could be superimposed at 50% opacity. My shoop background showing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back