Cell shading dependent on other cell

Niessink

Hi,

I have a problem that is really bugging me. It sounds really simple but I can't get it how I want it:

I have a project with 2 sheets: "sheet1" and "sheet2"
If I change anything in a specific cell, lets say cell A1 in "sheet1", I want a specific cell in "sheet2", lets say B4, to be an exact clone of that cell A1 in "sheet1".

For example: I change the color in cell A1 to green and fill the cell with the word "finished". Now I want that cell B4 in "sheet2" also becomes green and displays the word "finished".

is this possible?

Kind Regards,

Niessink

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
The only way I can think of doing that is to copy cell a1 and paste picture link to B4

You simply copy cell a1, go to cell b4 and holding down shift, select the edit menu --> Paste Picture Link

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have tried your solution. In first instance it seems to work. The cell B4 becomes a copy of cell A1. But when I change the shading of cell A1, unfortunately cell B4 doesn't change with it. The problem seems simple at first, but it proves more difficult then it looks.

Thanks for trying tho.

Niessink

Upvote 0
Hi Niessink

I tested this again and when I change the colour, font, shading, size or any other aspect of cell A1 it is reflected in Cell B4. Are you sure you selected Paste Picture Link. If you selected Paste as Picture it would be static.

Upvote 0
Hey Win Zip,

You were right. It works now. I have a Dutch version of excel so I think the solution was lost in the translation. Thanks for the effort of making another reply. this really helped. Kind Regards,

Niessink

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mesh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back