Cell update

Vic1976

Hi everybody!
I'm new in using Excel together with VB utilities and therefore my problem is a quite simple one:
I have a book with several sheets and I want to update a certain cell- let's say A1 from sheet1- with the value from another cell- let's say A4 from sheet2- so that I can make a recurrent code. How can I do it? How can I say excel to do this for me a certain number of steps?

Thank you

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Do you mean something like

Code:
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:A10").Value = Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A4:A13").Value

Upvote 0
The point is that I enter an initial value in excel sheet1- cell A1-, then excel makes a certain number of calculation steps, and finally returns another value in sheet2- cell A4-. My intention is making a loop so that after typing the initial value in A1 it will be updated in the later loops. Of course, it is also possible typing the initial value in A1 and becoming updated cell A2. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Do everybody understand what I’m trying to achieve? <o:p></o:p>
How can I say excel to do this for me a certain number of steps (updating cell A1 or A2)?

Thank you all<o:p></o:p>

Upvote 0
The point is that I enter an initial value in excel sheet1- cell A1-, then excel makes a certain number of calculation steps, and finally returns another value in sheet2- cell A4-. My intention is making a loop so that after typing the initial value in A1 it will be updated in the later loops. Of course, it is also possible typing the initial value in A1 and becoming updated cell A2. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Do everybody understand what I’m trying to achieve? <o:p></o:p>
How can I say excel to do this for me a certain number of steps (updating cell A1 or A2)?

Thank you all<o:p></o:p>
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Is this what you want?

<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> i <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN><br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> i = 1 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">To</SPAN> 4<br>    <SPAN style="color:#007F00">' Put your code here and it will be executed 4 times</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> i</FONT>

(My wife and I recently visited Barcelona for the first time and loved it!!)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hengshankouniuniu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back