Cell values being deleted when reopening workbook

ojhawkins

Hi all,

Excel appears to be deleting cell values when I save my workbook and reopen it.

The cell values that are being deleted are on 2 sheets and are being removed from both.

I am simply lost to why this is occurring.

Please help me!

Cheers,
Owain

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Hi

Are you saying that you enter data into cells on those 2 sheets, save and close the workbook, and when you re-open the workbook, the data you just entered is not there?

Upvote 0
Are there any macros in the workbook? If so, look for code in the Thisworkbook code-module. Also search the whole vba project for macros called auto_open and auto_close.

Upvote 0
The workbook has Macros but there is nothing in "ThisWorkbook" & nothing found with auto_open/close

1 of the sheets holds codes with 28 columns of associated data which is 46k rows long

The other sheet has has "Account" data with 8k rows and has codes as one of the columns

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I feel it's still the most likely scenario that the values are being deleted by code; there are lots of other events which could be being triggered which can do it. If you can get a version of your workbook (cleansed of sensitive information if necessary, but still displaying the same behaviour) on the interweb somewhere (with or without some sort of passworded access) and link to it here I coulkd take a lookat it. If it's really sensitive (and you want to trust me!) Private Message me here asking for my email address so you can send it to me.

Upvote 0
I feel it's still the most likely scenario that the values are being deleted by code; there are lots of other events which could be being triggered which can do it. If you can get a version of your workbook (cleansed of sensitive information if necessary, but still displaying the same behaviour) on the interweb somewhere (with or without some sort of passworded access) and link to it here I coulkd take a lookat it. If it's really sensitive (and you want to trust me!) Private Message me here asking for my email address so you can send it to me.

Thanks Pascal,

I understand where you are coming from. I find it hard to believe as I wrote every line of code in the project but I guess it is still possibility.

Let me see what I can do as I would like to have an expert set of eyes on it.

I will let you know.

Cheers,
O

Upvote 0
it will be better if you can provide us with your coding, we can look though and adjust for you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back