Cells in time format. Trying to find a way to copy them the way i need.

sakis_s

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi!
I'm trying to figure out how can i copy a cell that is in time format the way i need. I've tried different things but nothing works the way i want and i run out of ideas so i'm kindly asking if you have any other ideas to make it work.

My example:
In sheet1 A1 field is in "Time" format and i'm entering the value "13:00". What i see when looking the cell is "13:00" but if i click on it i see that actually the value is "1:00:00 pm".

Now i'm copying this field to sheet2 A2 field. I use formula "='sheet1'!a1". The result to the A2 field now of the new sheet is now "13". This is what i want.

Last step i want to join this field with the cell A3. A3 contains the word "Monday". If i enter "=A2&A3" to a new cell, the result will be "0.541666666666667Monday".
I tried to copy the A2 value with this formula to take it as text "=TEXT(A2;"00")" but it takes it as "01" and not as "13".

Anyone has an idea how to join this cell and keep the "13" value so the final result will be "13Monday"?

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Try:
Excel Formula:
TEXT(A2;"[h]") & A3

Upvote 0
Hopefully the following provides some help

Date and Time 2021.xlsm
ABCDE
113:001313Monday
3Tue Jan-26-21 10:37 AM
3a
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B1B1=A1*24
C1C1=B1&"Monday"
C3C3=TEXT(NOW(),"ddd mmm-dd-yy HH:MM AM/PM")

Upvote 0
Solution
Oh my! Never thought to multiply with 24. That was so simple! Thank you so much sir, i really appreciate your help! All best!
Did you try my suggestion?
There shouldn't be any need to to do that. I was able to get what you want with one simple formula.

Upvote 0
Did you try my suggestion?
There shouldn't be any need to to do that. I was able to get what you want with one simple formula.
Of course i tried but i don't get a result. The cell turns "#VALUE!"

Upvote 0
Of course i tried but i don't get a result. The cell turns "#VALUE!"
Are you in US or Europe? I assumed Europe because in your original post, you were using ";" as the argument delimiter in your formula, but if in US where the comma is the argument delimiter, then try:
Excel Formula:
=TEXT(A2,"[h]") & A3

Upvote 0
Are you in US or Europe? I assumed Europe because in your original post, you were using ";" as the argument delimiter in your formula, but if in US where the comma is the argument delimiter, then try:
Excel Formula:
=TEXT(A2,"[h]") & A3
No i'm in Europe. There is no problem with ";" this is what i use. The problem must be with "[h]". When i write this it doesn't change color to understand this as argument. It's like this parameter is not valid for Excel.

Upvote 0
No i'm in Europe. There is no problem with ";" this is what i use. The problem must be with "[h]". When i write this it doesn't change color to understand this as argument. It's like this parameter is not valid for Excel.
That is really odd. Your time value is in cell A2, right?
If you temporarily change the format of that cell to General, what does it show?

Upvote 0
That is really odd. Your time value is in cell A2, right?
If you temporarily change the format of that cell to General, what does it show?
Time copies to A2 cell from "sheet1" so actually the A2 cell contains "='sheet1'!a1" and brings value "13".
If i format the cell to General value "13" becomes "1".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back