Championship Points work book

Raceme49

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some help. I have to manage points and pay for a racing series and I'm trying to create a workbook to help me keep track of everything. So this is how I'm going about it so far. If you think I'm on the wrong track, please make any suggestions I am just a novice trying to learn as I go along. I've been working on this for a while and I've looked at a bunch of examples but haven't been able to find anything that fits what I am doing.

There are 8 races- Each race can have between 20-60 cars. Over the course of the season last year we 72 different cars.

Each race will award points for the top 5 qualifiers, the B mains and the A main. To make matters more complicated we have passing points on some races throughout the night and not others. Add to that there is a variable in that a certain number of B main cars will transfer to the A and will not keep their points from the B. This number will be dependent on how many cars we have at that race. Also 2 of our races are double points but I think if I have the formulas I will be able to figure that out.

What I would like to do is enter a car number in a starting position for each race and then enter a car number in each finishing position (to help determine passing points) at the end of the night I would like all of the car numbers to populate the bottom of the screen with the points awarded to that car number that night arranged from highest points to lowest.

on the left side of the page I have the total payout for each position, Total payout purse (sum of all payouts) How much each track provides, I have a place at the top to enter the number of entries and that times $30 for the participant share and how much has been raised by sponsors. at the bottom I have a total left to raise for that race.

This is how our points lay out.
Qualifying will award points at tracks where we time in. 25 for 1st, 20 for 2nd and they drop by one until only the top 21 qualifiers receive points for qualifying.

All races (except trophy dashes) will have passing points. 1 point per position gained based on where you started the race and the number of positions gained by the end of the race. This includes heat races, B mains and the A main. Transfer positions will give up any points gained for finishing position but will keep passing points. (EX you start 8th and finish 2nd in the B main and you transfer. You will receive no points for 2nd place finish but you will gain 6 passing points)
Heat races will award 15 points to the winner

B mains will award 40 points for the highest finishing car not transferring to the A main and dropping by 2 points for every position below that. Any transfers to the A main will give up their B main finishing points. You cannot opt out of a transfer. If you are eligible to transfer and you do not start the A main, you will be listed as DNS in the A main and you will lose your position points for the B main as if you had started the A main. he A main awards 100 points to win, dropping by 2 points for every position below that. The lowest points possible if you start the A main will be 54 points.
<strike>
</strike>
I plan to create one sheet that is just a drivers first name, last name and car number

The next piece is I would like to create one page for the Championship points. Once a driver has competed in a race and awarded points, based on their car number I would like the number and points from that race to automatically populate the championship page. I would also like the championship page to pull the drivers name for the other sheet created. I would like it to only show the total points from each race and arrange automatically to show total championship points from highest to lowest.

I would like to create one last sheet that is similar to the points championship sheet that show total payout over the course of the year.

I can't see how to post what I have here, but I would gladly send what I have done so far.

Thanks for any help

James

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back