change backround color indatasheet view based on other field

ChefJoseph

Hi & thanks for your help..

I would like to have field change back color OR Blink would be better.. that should happen based on another fields data.. I already use the conditional format to change background color based on 3 other data (accepted = orange // Mailed = Blue // Confirmed = Green)

THE LONG STORY

We book people & must send them info 5 days before the actual event.. the person responsible for this sometimes misses that deadline. So if a status field does not state "mailed" 5 days before event date (looks to a event date Field) then blink or jump or something.. to remind the person what is not being done on time..

Thanks

Joseph

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Within the OnCurrent event for the record, you could check to see if this record is "Past Due" based on the date, then change the field where you want the Conditional Format to read "Past Due" Then in the Conditional Format dialog make the background Red when the field is equal to "Past Due"

I just tested this and the OnCurrent will happen only when you get to each record. So if there is more than 1 record on the screen, nothing will happen until you get to the offending record. Of course, you could send this table through an update query before you open the form that could change this field to "Past Due", then when the form opens with multiple records, the background for this field could be red. Don't think you can do blink.

HTH,

Upvote 0
Do you know you can set 4 Conditional Formats?
This won't help with the flashing request, but might provide you with a short term solution.

When you open the conditional formatting.... the very top option can be set to something IF none of the other (3) conditions are met.

One question: how is your data displayed? One record at a time using a form? Are you using a subform of any sort?

What's wrong with having a report run that lists ALL records that are NOT Mailed and the Date is in the target zone? I would think this a tad bit better solution as then the person responsible has no excuse for "missing one". Plus.... others could run the same report and if need be, discuss with the responsible person.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the sugestions, they give me a new way of looking at this problem.. I will try both idea.. Not sure how the the report would put together.. I assume a query that looks like >>
from the status field show "accepted" "booked" "on hold" and so on , THEM NOT SHOW "mailed" & if date field is 5 days away from present date..

if you can start me of that would be mush appreciate, other wise I will be scouring my access books..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back