change cell based on selected cell

RoyR

Board Regular
I have a macro that deals with data starting from cell A10 onward but cells A1 to A9 are off limits. I’m looking for a way to jump to A10 in case the wrong cell was selected.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
This works if A1 is selected but it would be sloppy to repeat this 8 more times for cells A2 to A9.
If ActiveCell.Address = ("$A$1") <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Then</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Range</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>("A10").Select
<o:p> </o:p>
The following don’t work:
If ActiveCell.Address = ("$A$1:$A$9") <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Then</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Range</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>("A10").Select
Or
If InRange(ActiveCell, Range("A1:A9")) <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Then</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Range</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>("A10").Select
I tried variations of this but it is eluding me.
Thank you for any help.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
I have a macro that deals with data starting from cell A10 onward but cells A1 to A9 are off limits. I’m looking for a way to jump to A10 in case the wrong cell was selected.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
This works if A1 is selected but it would be sloppy to repeat this 8 more times for cells A2 to A9.
If ActiveCell.Address = ("$A$1") <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Then</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Range</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>("A10").Select
The following don’t work:
If ActiveCell.Address = ("$A$1:$A$9") <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Then</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Range</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>("A10").Select
Or
If InRange(ActiveCell, Range("A1:A9")) <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Then</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Range</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>("A10").Select
I tried variations of this but it is eluding me.
Thank you for any help.

Does this event code help?

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A9")) Is Nothing Then
Range("A10").Select
End If

End Sub

Upvote 0
I'll try some variations of that code. The cells are not blank. The do contain data also. Just not data that is to be touched. I should have mentioned that in my post. Thank you for the tip. I will see what I can do with it.

Upvote 0
I'll try some variations of that code. The cells are not blank. The do contain data also. Just not data that is to be touched. I should have mentioned that in my post. Thank you for the tip. I will see what I can do with it.

The code as provided does not check if the cells are blank. If any cells in Range("A1:A9") are clicked it will select A10 instead. Hope that is what you were looking for. Please note that the code should go in the worksheet event module.

Upvote 0
That is a nice piece of code that works great. At first I tried to use it in a macro and it did not work. But I placed it where you said and now all is fine.

Thank you for your assistance.

Upvote 0
That is a nice piece of code that works great. At first I tried to use it in a macro and it did not work. But I placed it where you said and now all is fine.

Thank you for your assistance.

You're welcome. Glad it helped out, and thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back