Change cell value across a selected list of sheets

lithium_s

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have a workbook with around 60 sheets that are all essentially the same. Each sheet has a "weeks until due" value. I have added a "due date correction" value in C12 on all sheets.

Is it possible, to have on my front sheet, the due date correction value in one cell, then a drop down list of all the other worksheets in another cell. That way I can put a correction value in, select which sheets to update from the drop down list and finally hit an "update" button to carry it out? So, put value x in cell C12 on sheets A, B, C ...

I've tried searching the web, but all I can find for changing the same cell across sheets is grouping sheets and possibly 3-D referencing; but that doesn't look like it works the way I am trying to.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
If you are changing the same cell on all selected sheets then grouping is a very simple method of achieving this.
Select all the sheets to be changed. Make the change to one and the same change will be applied to all.

Upvote 0
If you click on a sheets tab, that sheet will become active.
If you hold down the control key and click on a diffeernt sheet, both their tabs will be highlighted.
You can simultaneously select several sheets at the same time from the tabs at the bottom.
If you enter anything into a cell while it is in that state, that cell will get the new valur on every one of the selected sheets.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick replies.

I understand that this would be the simplest way
. I am not the end user of this workbook, so I am not sure if the end users would even know how to group sheets, but I will include instructions when I make the change. Out of interest, would there be a way to do this using VBA? I am new to using VBA so just trying to learn what I can as i go along.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Great, How about trying to find the sum of the ranges of columns where some columns need to be excluded, would that be possible? For example say I want to add A3:G3 but I need to ignore B3 and D3. How can I go about that??

Upvote 0
Great, How about trying to find the sum of the ranges of columns where some columns need to be excluded, would that be possible? For example say I want to add A3:G3 but I need to ignore B3 and D3. How can I go about that??
=SUM(A3,C3,E3:G3)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back