Change excel data on worksheets

dmwesq

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. MacOS
I am looking for a way to keep a master maillist, but then break that list down into sublists each on their own worksheet. I want to be able to update the master sheet and have those changes appear both in the master and the corresponding sub sheet. I was looking at some tutorials dealing with lookup and vlookup (not sure what the difference is between those two yet) and thought that might work, but I suppose I would need to add a column to the master sheet with a unique identifier for that to work?

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
First, I'm wondering where the other two replies went to? I was going to try one of the suggestions, but the replies are gone.

As to criteria, on one workbook it is broken down into class years, so the total list has 22 combined years of names, and the rest of the worksheets have names from each of the class years. There is a column in the master sheet with the class year in it.

The other sheet is broken into areas, and the main sheet has the areas listed and then each area has its own sheet.

One of the suggested replies was to copy and paste data - that is what I have been doing for years and always seemed cumbersome - I want to update in one place and have the other sheets update based upon the main update.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
test111

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back