Change Format of Linked Cells

Girth

Can anyone help?

I have data in several source workbooks which is linked to another single summarising destination workbook. When I change the value in a cell in the source workbook from a projected value to an actual value I am currently identifying this by changing the fill colour, i.e.from projected value = blue to actual value = no fill, and then have to do the same in the summarising workbook, but with literally thousands of entries this is becoming time consuming.

Is there any way that when I format the cells in the source workbook that this change also happens in the destination workbook, I have tried if statements and conditional formatting but keep coming up short.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Hi Girth,

I don't know of a very easy way to do this, but it should be possible to write a macro in the summarising workbook that loops through all the linked cells, follows the links back to their source to get the cell formatting information, and uses this to format the linked cells. I don't have time to write this code for you, but perhaps someone else can step in at this point.

Damon

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back