Change Message box blue frame to red-ish

sefMI

Board Regular
Anyone know how to change the default blue color of a message box to a different color? Is this possible?

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
You can't change the format of messageboxes (well, you can using the Windows API but it's complicated in the extreme) - it's easier to build your own simple userform and show that instead.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry I wasn't thinking clearly this morning. I meant userform but I said message box.

Upvote 0
Oh, I guess you are talking about the window borders (surrounding the userform - default to blue on Windows XP) rather than the userform borders themselves. In that case, you either need to change the desktop settings, or you can use the Windows API to remove the Caption and borders completely, then set the userform borders to red. Seems like a lot of work, but it can be done.

Upvote 0
yes i'm referring to the default blue board that goes around the user from i build i.e. where the userform name/title appears. Its mostly a pipe dream to change it to read for this particular dashboard, but i'll live without.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back