Change the Fill Effect in an autoshape

Airfix9

Hi all,

Have done some searching and can't find the answer to my question. I use autoshapes to create funky buttons - I usually use the "Bevel" button. To further funkify the buttons, I use different colour effects for each - I particularly like the preset options and have used the Gold, Brass, Silver, Chrome and Sapphire effects a lot.

My question is, is it possible to create further effects similar to these? For example, I would like to create a Ruby effect, like the Sapphire one but in red.

Any help gratefully received - thanks.

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
I particularly like the preset options and have used the Gold, Brass, Silver, Chrome and Sapphire effects a lot.

My question is, is it possible to create further effects similar to these? For example, I would like to create a Ruby effect, like the Sapphire one but in red.
Instead of Preset, select "Two colors" and experiment with different colors.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thanks for the responses (and the heart is excellent, by the way) but I don't think I've made myself too clear.

I am looking for ways to create patterns that are more complex than one colour bleeding into another. For example, the "Rainbow" effect uses multiple colours. I'm looking to do something similar.

Many thanks

Upvote 0
Seems like you are telling the "heart"macro is OK, but needs more colors...

Can you explain in words what you would like to do exactly?
Also recording a macro doing your actions might help to understand us what you want to do?

I don't know what you mean with all this stuff
I usually use the "Bevel" button. To further funkify the buttons, I use different colour effects for each - I particularly like the preset options and have used the Gold, Brass, Silver, Chrome and Sapphire effects a lot.
what's the Bevel-button :confused:
Gold, Brass, ... :confused:

Upvote 0
Hi Eric,

Sure, I can explain.

I use the "Drawing" command bar to create 3-D buttons for people to push to get macros to work. If you look at the "Autoshapes" "Basic Shapes", there is one called "Bevel" - it is three across and four down on the palette. Once selected, I draw it on the spreadsheet and then right-click to "Format Auto Shape".

On the "Fill" section, at the bottom of the menu is "Fill Effects". Once I have that, I can colour my button. On the "Gradient" tab, in the top half is a section called "Colors". The bottom option is called "Preset". Select this and you get a combo box of colourways to choose from. "Sapphire" is the last one, the others are above it. The ultimate colourway is "Rainbow".

My question is, how can I recreate Rainbow for my autoshapes?

Hope that clarifies.

As for the Heart - I was just congratulating you on it.

Upvote 0
Very clear explanation, couldn't be less, since I'm not on English Excel.

If you mean you want more colors on your buttons, I think it is not possible using the colors. You can choose the last tab (for me it is "figure") instead of the "Gradient" tab. There you can insert any figure which you can create yourself.

getting closer ?

Upvote 0
I am beginning to suspect that that is the answer.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Upvote 0
you're WELCOME :)

just noticed your signature
before having all those links in my signature I had
"The more we learn, the more we know that there is still a lot to learn"

well, thanks to you, I learned more about those autoshapes

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back