Change U.S. measurement units to metric

bra01

G'Day excellers,

I am trying to change the Excel worksheet settings from U.S. (Imperial) to metric units. I know it is possible in other Ofifice programs such as Word, but cannot find how to perform this task in Excel. Can this be done?

cheers

ben

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
bra01 said:
G'Day excellers,

I am trying to change the Excel worksheet settings from U.S. (Imperial) to metric units. I know it is possible in other Ofifice programs such as Word, but cannot find how to perform this task in Excel. Can this be done?

cheers

ben

Ben,

I'm not sure about changing settings in Excel from U.S. to metric, but Excel has a Convert worksheet function. This however requires the Analysis ToolPak.

Upvote 0
Thanks Brian for your reply. Converting the measurements is not the problem. I am actually trying to change the formatting of the worksheet such that all measurements as far as printing and formatting are concernced are in metric rather than U.S. measurements e.g. page dimensions, pixel size

Ben

Upvote 0
Hi bra01:

Just to add to what tactps has stated, look at Control_Panel|Regional_Settings| ... then in the Numbers tab go to Measurement_System and from the DropDown Box choose Metric rather than U.S.

Upvote 0
I have indeed been to the regional settings and the setting Yogi Anand has suggested is set to metric.... but still no success. I thought it would be a setting in Excel, similar to that of Word, but cannot locate.

Upvote 0
bra01 said:
I have indeed been to the regional settings and the setting Yogi Anand has suggested is set to metric.... but still no success. I thought it would be a setting in Excel, similar to that of Word, but cannot locate.
Hi bra01:

My Regional Settings for Measurement System are normally set to U.S. And in my File|PageSetup||Margins ... my Top margin is set to 1 (inch)

Now I just changed my Measurement System to Metric, and my Top Margin setting has become 2.5 (cm ... I believe)

So how about if you make the same check -- and let us see if you see the margins setting change from inch to cm

I don't know whether all and/or which measurement s would be affected on changing the Measurement System from U.S. to Metric.

Upvote 0
I just tried it and when I changed measurement from US to Metric my margins did change from 1 to 2.5.

Upvote 0
Well, on Excel 2007/2010 just go to the Office Button (Top left, lots of colors) - go to Excel Options - click on Advanced - look for the Display section - and there should be a ComboBox where you should choose Centimeters.

This works for page size and margins but I think not for printing... Worth giving it a try though...

G'Day excellers,

cheers

ben

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxpro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back