Changing cells in Pivot table report filter

dinesti

Board Regular
Hi,

I have 3 Pivot tables with the same Dates in the columns and Products in the Rows but have 3 different values I am looking at. The report filter for each has the same list of towns that have to be the same when I am looking at the 3 values.

Is there a way to make the report filter for 2 pivot tables change to the same town in my 3rd pivot when I change my selection?

Thanks for your help.

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Are you using Excel 2010 or 2013? If so, a slicer is what you need. You can then link all 3 pivot tables to the slicer and that will be your active filter for all linked pivot tables.

Upvote 0
Select a cell in a pivot table. In the PivotTable tools Options tab in the Sort and Filter group click "Insert Slicer". Then select the field you want to filter. Once the slicer is created click on its boarder to select it. In the Slicer Tools Options tab, select "PivotTable" connections in the Slicer group. Select all the pivot tables you want linked to this slicer. Once that is done, whatever the slicer is filtered at, your linked pivot tables will be filtered at.

See Use slicers to filter PivotTable data - Excel - Office.com for more information. Enjoy this new use of one of the most powerful data analysis tools Excel has to offer!

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back