Changing colour of line graph

Sharpy07

Hi,

I am trying to produce a line graph which tracks performance. I have a target figure to measure performance against but I want to track by day quantities produced where the figures above the target figure is green and below the target shows as red.

Can anyone help?

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
It's not easy to change the line color at the right place (between points where it crosses the target). But this might work just as well.

Date and score are in columns A and B. Column C is for better than target; the formula in C2 and filled down is:

=IF(B2>$F$2,B2,NA())

Column D is for worse than target; the formula in D2 and filled down is:

=IF(B2>$F$2,B2,NA())

If performance exactly equals target then neither column has a value.

Create a line chart of date vs the three score columns. Score (column B) uses gray lines and markers, Above and Below use no lines, Above (column C) uses blue markers, Below (column D) uses orange markers. If the score is exactly equal to target, then the gray marker will appear.

The blue and orange are used instead of green and red so that individuals with color vision deficiencies (8% of adult males) can distinguish the colors. Most mammals besides primates, too.

PerformanceAgainstTarget.png

How did I get the darker line at the target (Y=100)? I formatted the Y axis so that the horizontal axis crosses at 100. The darker line is the X axis. I also formatted the X axis so it had no tick marks, because those looked weird up in the middle of the data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danger_SF

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back