Changing concat function to a VBA

dlo1503

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
HI

I am currently writing a code to concatenate data to create warehouse labels. At the minute I am using the concat function however it is throwing up issues when I mail merge to word. The problem is as I use the concat funtion as a continuous code in column M when I mail merge it returns an infinite number of labels as the concat is running the full length of the excel sheet.

I set my concat to only generate information for rows that are TRUE.

I would like to make this a looped VBA code that will only generate info for rows that are TRUE. This would mean there is only data in Column M for cells that are TRUE and not show the concat code in blank rows (if that makes sense). My screenshot shows the concat code still appearing in cell M8 even though there is no data in columns A-L

My current formula is

=IF(A2>0,CONCATENATE($O$3, $P$3, CHAR(10), B2,CHAR(10), L2, CHAR(10),$S$1, D2, CHAR(10), F2, $T$1, $U$1, E2),"")

Please disregard info in columns K and L, these are not needed. The TPO is the purchase order number

Thanks
Dan

Attachments

• concat function.JPG
    concat function.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Code:
Sub t()
Dim c As Range
For Each c In Range("A2", Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp))
    If c <> "" Then
        c.Offset(, 12) = Range("O3").Value & Range("P3").Value & vbLf & c.Offset(, 1).Value & _
        vbLf & c.Offset(, 11).Value & vbLf & Range("S1").Value & c.Offset(, 3).Value & vbLf & _
        c.Offset(, 5).Value & Range("T1").Value & Range("U1").Value & c.Offset(, 4).Value
    End If
Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thank you so much @JLGWhiz that works perfectly. I have had to change my code slightly to put one of the values last now instead of in the middle. Can you help again please? The location of cell L2 has changed in the original concat

=IF(A2>0,CONCATENATE($O$3, $P$3, CHAR(10), B2,CHAR(10), $S$1, D2, CHAR(10), F2, $T$1, $U$1, E2, CHAR(10),L2),"")

Upvote 0
Code:
Sub t2()
Dim c As Range
For Each c In Range("A2", Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp))
    If c <> "" Then
        c.Offset(, 12) = Range("O3").Value & Range("P3").Value & vbLf & c.Offset(, 1).Value & _
        vbLf & Range("S1").Value & c.Offset(, 3).Value & vbLf & c.Offset(, 5).Value & Range("T1").Value & _
        Range("U1").Value & c.Offset(, 4).Value & vbLf & c.Offset(, 11)
    End If
Next
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1step2far

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back