Changing Data

clemsongal1026

I made an input form which includes several fields to analyze risk. After working with the database and it's data for several weeks, I've accumulated just over 100 forms with a different risk on each one. Several of the fields on the form have drop down menus to choose from while the rest are all fill in the blank type fields. For some reason, the drop down menus in the very first form in the database change on their own. It doesn't necessarily revert back to the same one each time. No one is changing the input. You can save what you want, close the database, open it and something totally different will be there. It doesn't happen on any other form which doesn't make sense to me because I figured if it happened on one, it would happen on them all.

The form is linked to various reports but that shouldn't change anything being that you can only edit things on the form. There is no 'if then' or any other similar coding added to the box, it is simply a drop down menu. Any help on why the field input keeps changing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Clemsongal

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
I'm concerned about the number of forms, I think you are taking the wrong approach, 100 is very excessive, especially when you say each one is a different "risk".

I am going to bet you don't have your data properly structured...meaning you probably have the risks as column headings...just a hunch as I am trying to intrepret your needs. It would also explain why records are changing

Please post your tables and their fields.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back