Changing Excel Graph Series based on Tab Title

CDelSignore

I'm working on a spreadsheet that will chart data monthly. I want to give each month it's own tab. I've set up a tab (Current Month) that shows data on - you guessed it! - the current month's data, using the Today() function in A1 for the sheet to determine the current month. I created all my data tables and graphs (countifs, indirects, etc) and it's great. I've put the graphs together that I want to show. Everything gets hidden so only the graphs show (past the first row). When I copy/paste into a new tab, and put the month name in A1 instead of the Today() function, the data updates appropriately. But, the graphs are still indexed to the 'Current Month' cells.

For one series, the data is located here: =Current Month!$H$4:$H$21. Is there a formulaic way to have the sheet reference change to reflect the current sheet? I want that data series to be =February!$H$4:$H$21. I want the sheet name in that to match the month put in A1, so all I'll have to do is change the month in A1 and everything will be hunky dory.

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back