Changing sheet tab names in formulas.

kps73066

Here's my scenario. I have a summary sheet that references data from other sheets in the same file. The other sheets all have the exact same formatting, formulas, everything. When I have to add a sheet, I then have to add a column on the summary sheet to reference it. In turn, the added sheet will also have to reference information that is entered on the summary sheet. Is there a way using vba that, when I do have to add a new sheet Excel can automatically 1-Create and format the new column on the summary sheet? 2-Update formulas in the new column on the summary sheet obtain data from the added sheet without having to manually change the sheet tab title in the copied formula? 3-In turn, update formulas (in fixed locations through the sheet) on the added batch sheet without having to manually change the column reference each time.

Let me clarify that I'm a raw dog rookie when it comes to vba so please be patient if I don't understand right away.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
It would be much clearer if you can use XL2BB to copy each sheet you were talking about with simple explanation.

Upvote 0
It would be much clearer if you can use XL2BB to copy each sheet you were talking about with simple explanation.
I found a temporary workaround. I will try to find a way to clear up my question.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back