Changing the text of a referenced cell

mlopes1

Board Regular
I have 6 worksheets in a workbook. Each worksheet is a unique product form. All the forms take the same product information, but display it differently. The first worksheet gets it data through Microsoft Query and each subsequent sheet is a reference to the first sheet. Here's my current problem. Sometimes, for example, the product name needs to be typed slightly differently on each wksht. But since wkshts 2 - 6 are references, when I click into them to edit how the product name is displayed, I can only edit the formula. Is there a way to make wkshts 2-6 be equal to the values of sheet1 so I can edit the names without retyping them completely? I hope this was clear and thanks as always for your help.

Mark

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Hit the equal in the cell you want to change then go to the worksheet and cell and click on it. Now hit return and you will see the reference entered.

Upvote 0
My previous post was unclear, or I am misunderstanding your answer.

I already have the formula in there and can see it. But what I want is to be able to click on the cells with the formula and be able to edit the text that is being displayed as a result of the formula. For example:

Cell A1 = "Product Info"
Cell B5 = A1

Now, just as an example, I need to change "Product Info" in B5 to say "Product Information" without changing cell A1. If I click in cell B5, I can not edit the text "Product Information", only the formula =B1, therefore making me type the whole text again. I don't care that typing into B5 removes the formula, I just don't want to have to retype the whole value that was displayed. Does this make more sense?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back