Changing values in separate excel files

afa13

Hello,
I want to change the sane tab in different excel files in the same directory (folder). I found a code in this forum that did just that.
I ran it as a module in the developer tab in excel.
However, I want to know if it is possible to execute the code by saving it in Notepad as a specific extension and running it directly.
Thanks.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
I may be misunderstanding the ask but could you not just link the cells using =filepath,filename,sheetname,cell (or type = in the first cell you want to link while having both spreadsheets open at the same time, then click between them and select the cell you wish to link - this will automatically fill in the filepath when one of them is closed.)
If you link A1 to A1 you can then use autofill to link all cells in a range that you want. Saves you using VBA and the spreadsheets will update whenever you open them again (or save them)
Hope this helps

Upvote 0
The issue at hand is as follows:
I want to change the value(string) in many excel files, so i found a code that would do just that. However, to execute it I have to access VBA.
My question is if I could do the same by creating a file and executing it.

Upvote 0
As far as i am aware most of the microsfot office suite has the ability to run macros (inluding word) so i guess you could run it from another application as long as it has the ability to do so. Is there a specific reason why you cannot have a "Master" spreadsheet to run the macro from? What is your issue accessing VBA?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back