Changing Zoom changes column autofit

lori.c

When working with a file in 75%, all the data shows correctly in all columns. When I increase to anything above 75%, the columns are seriously truncated. What is weird is that even though the colums are left aligned, the portion of the column text that shows is just the last 4-5 characters :rolleyes: in the string. When I look at the formula bar, all the text is there. What is even stranger is that when I print, I am getting SOME truncated columns even though it looks right in print preview. I am at a loss on how to fix this.

The source data for the file was copied from a database in an unknown, non-excel format. I'm not sure how to see what kind of coding came with the data.

Also, how do I take a picture of the window, like they do when printing user guides? I don't need print screen, I need a snapshot of the whole window, taskbars, scroll bars, etc. I can't remember how to do this. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
I can't speak to the changing of formatting when you zoom, but as for the screen shot, I think you can use Alt-Printscreen, which will give you a snapshot of what's visible on your monitor, then use the drawing tool bar to crop the image to just what you want to display.

Upvote 0
Hi lori.c, Welcome to the site!!

Just throwing out an idea, did you check the format of the problem cell, perhaps that one cell is aligned "right"?

What if you select all cells and autofit?

For the picture you can copy any active window by using the key command "ALT + Print Screen".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juggernaut24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back