Chapter 6 Case Study

brianh4

I'm having a little bit of hardtime getting the data correctly put into their respective fields. Can I get some help as to how to do it step by step. It is for Case Study Summarizing Next Year's Forecast. I can't get the Revenue Last Year and Forecast Next Year to line up with the data.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Chapter 6 of what? Is it one of the Mr. Excel books?

It's in the book Pivot Table Data Crunching. Particularly pages 107-110.

I have moved this post to the Mr. Excel Books forum, so that they appropriate people will see it.

Help with Pg. 106-110 of Pivot TableData Crunching

I need help aligned the data up. I know how to put Region and Market in their correct spots. I am unable to correctly place Revenue Last Year and Forecast Next Year. When I place them insteadof going up and down, they go across left to right. I need the Revene and Forecast to line up with Region and Market. This is on page 106-110 Case study starting from 6.11. Need some help thanks!

If you start with the downloaded dataset, follow these steps:

1) Choose one cell in the data set.
2) From the menu, select Data - Pivot Table and Pivot Chart Report
3) Click Finish.
4) In the Pivot Table Field List, click Region. Click Add to Row Area.
5) In the Pivot Table Field List, click Market. Click Add to Row Area.
6) In the Pivot Table Field List, click Revenue Last Year. Change the dropdown in the field list from Row Area to Data Area. Click Add To.
7) In the Pivot Table Field List, click Forecast Next Year. Click Add to Data Area.
8) This is the tricky part. You will now have a button in C3 called "Data". Click on this button and drag to the word Total in D3. This will move the data fields so that they are side by side in the column.

I suspect step 8 was the one causing problems. Let me know if you have other questions. Thanks for buying the book!

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back