Character within a cell

rfletcher35

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi guys,

I'm doing a printout of a till sheet and I am wanting to place characters, only small in the bottom left hand corner of cells in red. I already have standard text in the cells but also require these extra characters.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Fletch

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
I'm doing a printout of a till sheet and I am wanting to place characters, only small in the bottom left hand corner of cells in red. I already have standard text in the cells but also require these extra characters.
The "standard text" that is in the cells... are they constants or are they the result of formulas?

Also, what are these small characters you want to place in the cells? If more than one, what is the rule for deciding which to use?

Upvote 0
Ah yes sorry they will mostly be single characters representing a keyboard layout so A, B, C, D, etc. but there will be "SPACE" "BK SPACE" too.
You missed this part of my second question...

If more than one, what is the rule for deciding which to use?

Upvote 0
You missed this part of my second question...

If more than one, what is the rule for deciding which to use?

Hi,

Sorry i'm not understanding you on that one. It's a pub till layout that i'm creating, the layout is a grid for each key press with items for sale such as Whiskey, Bacardi, Gin etc. This layout also includes a keyboard with small characters representing the keys and symbols which appear on the keyboard. I want these symbols to appear on the bottom right of the cell which co-ordinates to the letter it represents e.g. "A, B, C, or ; £ % & "BK Space", "SPACE"

Fletch

Upvote 0
Sorry i'm not understanding you on that one. It's a pub till layout that i'm creating, the layout is a grid for each key press with items for sale such as Whiskey, Bacardi, Gin etc. This layout also includes a keyboard with small characters representing the keys and symbols which appear on the keyboard. I want these symbols to appear on the bottom right of the cell which co-ordinates to the letter it represents e.g. "A, B, C, or ; £ % & "BK Space", "SPACE"
I think the problem is with me... I do not know what a "pub till layout" is. It sounds like a keyboard of some kind, but with words in it instead of letters and you push the letter (small character) to indicate which key to press. If so, then we need to know the layout of the grid (how many rectangles by how many rectangles and which letter goes with which rectangle). Also, I am guessing that you will have already placed the text in the appropriate rectangles, so all the code we give you has to do is put the appropriate small letter in the cells with it, is that correct? If so, as I said, we need to know the mapping of the letters to the rectangles with the words in them.

Upvote 0
I think the problem is with me... I do not know what a "pub till layout" is. It sounds like a keyboard of some kind, but with words in it instead of letters and you push the letter (small character) to indicate which key to press. If so, then we need to know the layout of the grid (how many rectangles by how many rectangles and which letter goes with which rectangle). Also, I am guessing that you will have already placed the text in the appropriate rectangles, so all the code we give you has to do is put the appropriate small letter in the cells with it, is that correct? If so, as I said, we need to know the mapping of the letters to the rectangles with the words in them.

Sorry, A Till in a pub, i.e. When someone purchases a drink the member of staff will press the buttons on the till which will be labelled with the relevant drink that is purchased.

The grid is a total of 10 cells high by 16 long.

Thanks

Fletch

Upvote 0
Sorry, A Till in a pub, i.e. When someone purchases a drink the member of staff will press the buttons on the till which will be labelled with the relevant drink that is purchased.

The grid is a total of 10 cells high by 16 long.
That means you need 160 characters or combination of characters to go in the cells, correct? I need to know which characters or combination of characters go in which cells. How are you going to specify that... in a list on a sheet maybe? If so, what is the sheet name, what is the address of the list and how are they to be assigned (across first, then down a row and across it, etc. until all cells are filled)? The point here is I need to somehow know what characters to place in the corners of which cells.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back