Characters Q

Hap

How can I find how the character number for Pi? or other greek letters for that matter? Also is there a way to use greek letters and other symbols on forms?

Thanks for any help.

No Problem!
I use it allllll the time. There are some very usefull icons under wingdings and webdings. They have Spanish characters as well that I use all the time.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Hap said:
I would just like to use the letters on a label on a form.

Set the Label's Caption property so that it contains the equivalent English characters, then set the Label's font property to Symbol.

Note that you can't mix and match this way.

Upvote 0
daniels012 said:
...They have Spanish characters as well that I use all the time.
Two better solutions: using your keyboard as it is now, hold down the alt key and using the ten-key (number) pad type in the ascii code of the character. For example<ul>[*]á = alt+160[*]é = alt+130[*]í = alt+161[*]ó = alt+162[*]ú = alt+163[*]ñ = alt+164[*]Ñ = alt+165[*]¿ = alt+168[*]¡ (upside down exclamation point) = alt+173[*]Spanish quotes «» are alt+174/175[*]Works for other symbols such as cents ¢ (155) Br. pounds £ (156) Yen ¥ (157) squared ² (253)[*]You can also hit Unicode symbols by holding alt and keying the zero. For example multiplication × (alt+0215) division ÷ (alt+0247) or fractions ¼ ½ ¾. Note that CharMap will tell you the keystroke number if it's available.[/list]La opción Nº 2 será if you are familiar with the Spanish keyboard, it's a lot quicker to type Spanish characters using the Latin American keyboard drivers. (For WinXP) go into Control Panel | Date, Time Language & Regional | Add Other... | Details... and take it from there.

HTH

Upvote 0
Thanks Andrew. If I need to mix and match I can just add additional labels.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealJoaquin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back