Chart background color when pasting in word

IkEcht

Hi,

Still not realy sure wether I have an excel a word or a general office problem, but what happens is this.

I have a workbook with loads of charts in there, all have a custom background-color. No problem there, all works fine. The charts then get pasted into a word document. This all worked fine for a long time 'till a few months ago.
Though I'm not aware of changing any relevant settings in the meanwhile, now when I paste the chart to word, the background color seems to be reset to grey. This happens when pasting as bitmap (as I usualy was doing) but also when pasting in other formats). It happens both when pasting automaticly with word-vba as manualy.

Does anyone know where this behavior comes from and what I can do about it?

thanks,
Jaap

this subject has been posted before at both a dutch forum (helpmij.nl) as Vbax - word help, but up till now I didn't get an answer :(

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
By now I'm quite sure this is an excel problem. Did some more digging, found the backgroundcolor is allready lost when the chart is on the excel-clipboard.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Also found it MIGHT have to do with the update "Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack 1 (SP1)". The update can't be removed so I can't check wether this realy is what causes the behavior.

Anyone on how to proceed? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
And yet some more digging brought me to the center of the problem, but still without a solution.

What it is all about is the fact I use a fill-effect when formatting my plot area. If I don't use a fill-effect everything works like a charm. But using the fill-effect it fails. That is the color is reset to a black and white scheme when copying to word, so the color is lost, but techinically the fill effect is still there.

On a small note, the behavior within excel might be even more strange. When copying the graph, the clipboard shows the graph with black/white plot-area, but pasted into another excel-sheet, the color returns. ABRACADABRA...

Anyone who can help me get rid of this annoying behaviour?

Upvote 0
Yet another bit of strangeness comes in. The reported behaviour only happens when the chart is on chartsheet, not when it is on a worksheet..

Alas relocating all charts isn't an option. So still looking for someone who can tell me why this behavior is there and how I can overcome it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back