Chart columns showing below the chart

campingshadow

I am charting Blood Sugar levels over a monthly period. The user enters the info in cells D1:D31. However, the chart reads off the table in R1:V31 which has the date, target, reading, high and low series as well. The info in the D cells is copied to column T1:T31 with a simple =D1,=D2, etc in the cells.

When the column chart is created, all dates with no entries are showing the columns Descending below the chart over the top of the dates on the X axis. Once the appropriate data is entered in the D cell for each date the column then shows correctly in the chart.

How do I get the dates with no entries yet to NOT show the columns below the chart? I tried using a formula =IF(D1<>0,D1,#N/A) but that just put N/A below the date on the X axis.

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Thanks for the quick response. Tried both of those options and still get the same results. No change with the zero and NA shows up at the bottom of the chart under the date x axis. I even tried putting all the table next to the D row and then hiding the columns for the target, high and low, but apparently Excel will not chart with a table with hidden columns.

Upvote 0
Can you post at least a sample of your actual data and which ranges you're charting exactly?

Upvote 0
OK, give me a few minutes. I will have to figure out how to add screenshots. I saw the sticky about it and it looked like a real pain to do so I was avoiding it if I could. :)

Upvote 0
Looks like the program to use here to load screenshots is currently unavailable. Is it acceptable to link to my Skydrive folder for public access?

Upvote 0
Tried to link to my Skydrive, but apparently I do not know how to do it right! Tis the way my day is going. Only way I know to get it to you is email.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apwr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back