Chart Creation

Roses8

Hi, I have a large stats sheet, not all cells get filled just depending on the errors for the day. I can't creat a chart for the whole stats sheet as it looks like a complete mess:

So I would like to have an option in column L with a chart button on there. If its clicked - predefined ranges are selected and a chart is created -- I dont know if this is possible.....
This seems to my only solution.

THanks. :)

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Yes, you can record a macro as you select the range and create a chart. Tools - Macro and Record macro. Look for more help in Excel help recording a macro if you need to, (Edit) but it is dead simple; Name it, Start recording, do the actions and Stop recording. There's your macro. You'll find it in Alt+F8 and Alt+F11.

Then assign the macro to a button from View - Toolbars and Forms (Edit: click on Button and place it on the sheet and assign your recorded macro.) A new chart will be created every time you hit the button.

But why don't you just select the range and hit F11? Try it. If the chart ends up a new tab and you don't want it there right-click on the chart - Location and select from the bottom drop-down where you want the chart.

HTH

RAM

Upvote 0
Good. Try this (this is how I put together my topics): Size this page to half of the screen. Open Excel and size it to the other (bottom or top) half. Then follow instructions from the topic while you work in Excel. You rarely need the whole Excel sheet anyway.

Good luck. Let me know. I'll be off-line for a long time, though.

RAM :biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camelliaCase

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back