Chart data range is too complex

Giordano Bruno

I have seen several posts about this, but they do not address my question. The graph in question has been created by someone else and I need to know the data which they have used. If I know what it was, I could simplify it, but first I need to have some sort of clue where it comes from. Is there a method of finding this information some other way than just interrogating the charts "Delect Data"?

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
right click a data set, add data, then select a name and edit, that should show you

Upvote 0
Hi mole999. Thanks for the interest, but it is the "data set" that I want to find. "Select data" just gives me the message that the range is too complex so I need another method for finding the data that is feeding into the chart.

Upvote 0
how many lines being modelled, maybe destroy a copy to reduce the number down to something excel will reveal

Upvote 0
Hi Giordano

When you click on a series what does the series formula show?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi mole, I don't know how many lines are being modeled as I have no idea where the data is coming from.

Hi pgc01, Thanks for the reply, but what does "click on a series" mean. If I place the cursor on the graph line, it says "Series 1 Point 29 value 7%". Clicking the line has no effect.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back