Hello All,

Have a chart issue that is driving me crazy:

I have a pivot table as such:
Name (row labels) Number of issues Number of calls
Joe 10 20
Mary 12 25
Tom 5 12
Chris 7 8

When I add a chart, on the horizontal axis it shows the name of the person along with number of issues. I am trying to chart the number of issues vs number of calls, so I don't need the name showing on the chart as that is not relevant.
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to NOT include the name on the chart.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

Mr Flay

Hi there,

This is my first ever post, I just signed up lol.

That's easy, follow the steps below:

1. Deselect the name from the PivotChart Fields.
2. Put "Number of Calls" under Axis (Categories) and "Number of Issues" under Values in the PivotChart Fields.
3. Create a Pivot Chart under Pivot Table Tools - Analyze.
4. I created a clustered column one.
5. That gives you Number of Issues on the Vertical Axis i.e. "y" axis and Number of Calls on the Horizontal Axis i.e. the "x" axis.

I hope that's what you wanted.

Regards,
Flay

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faceless Judge

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...