Chart Label Help.....Really !!....Please !!!

jdowski

Board Regular
I have a spreadsheet that creates approximately 20 charts. It utilizes MS Query to bring fresh data into dynamic named ranges. The MS Query works fine, the named ranges work great. My problem is that the labels on the chart don't always reflect the changes to the source data. My solution thus far has been to visually inspect every chart against its source data and then delete the incorrect label and bring it back in. This takes too long. Right now the only code in this spreadsheet is code that cycles from sheet to sheet running the MS Query. Should I try to programatically delete and refresh all the chart labels too? Has anyone else run into this problem? Is there any other way to eliminate these frustrating errors !?!?!?!?

Agravated Early on a Friday.....

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Hi jdowski,

This may be obvious, but my first thought is that possibly you have automatic calculation turned off, which would keep the charts from updating automatically.

You didn't mention what types of labels you were referring to. Are these Title or axis labels? Or are they individual data point labels or legend (series) labels? Or possibly textboxes that you have linked to your data?

Damon

Upvote 0
I'm sorry. These are 3-D pie charts I'm referring to and the labels are data points. I have a dynamic named range for the data, and another for the labels. They are working fine. New data comes in via MS Query. Sometimes there are more data points, sometimes less, sometimes the same but different categories.....
Thanks,

Joe
Woodbury, CT. USA

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back