Chart Over time

naquinn

Board Regular
Hello everyone,

Hope someone can help me with this.

I'm trying to make a chart from a list of trading results.

I have a log sheet in which I log each trade. Each trade has a date in a column and also the result in dollars.

I can do a simple chart that shows the dollars on the Y axis and the whole number of trades (174) on the X axis.

This looks ok, but I would like to show how my trades have be doing over time. The problem is that some of the trades have the same dates.

Can anyone think of a way that I can show the trade performance between the first and last date in the list? I've managed to create a cell that calculates the number of days I have been trading, by taking the first date in the list and counting the number of days using the =NOW() function. I just can't seem to work it out!

Hope that's kind of clear.....

Any help, is very very gratefully received!

Thanks in advance

nick (London)

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
I'm not clear on what you are trying to achieve.
Why do you think you need to use Now()? this is volatile and will show the current date & time, and so will continually update everytime you change something or save the file.
In Excel if you subtract two dates and format the result as a number you will get the number of days between the two dates [you can also use datedif(start date, end date,"d") for the number of days, change "d" to "m" for months & "y" for years.
In Excel you can just plot the results straight to a graph, it should show the dates as dates, if it doesn't, format the axis and choose days as the base unit.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back