Chart point formatting based on axis label value

dot102223

I have a chart that is set to dynamically update to reflect the last two years of data from a data table. The updating is accomplished through OFFSET and COUNT formulas saved in Named Ranges. The chart depicts percentages as the data and on the Y axis and months/years on the X axis, plotting the progression of the percentages over time. All the chart points are size 7. On another sheet, I have a schedule of dates in mon-day-year format. I need to customize the data points on the chart which correspond to the dates on the schedule to be size 15. I have tried manually adjusting the desired points to be size 15, but then when another row is added to the data table and the dynamic updating takes place the customized points do not move with the data and instead remain static in place on the chart. This is taking place because I am customizing a fixed point on the chart whereas I need the customization of the chart points to move dynamically with the data.

I have been trying to get VB to assign a chart point's properties according to the value of the x axis label but with no luck so far...

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
I don't quite understand how the dynamic nature of the chart and the schedule of dates are connected but a common technique that may work for you is to create a 2nd (or even more) data series that also contains dynamically changing values and contains only the points that you want to be larger in size. Format this series so that it is always size 15.

I have a chart that is set to dynamically update to reflect the last two years of data from a data table. The updating is accomplished through OFFSET and COUNT formulas saved in Named Ranges. The chart depicts percentages as the data and on the Y axis and months/years on the X axis, plotting the progression of the percentages over time. All the chart points are size 7. On another sheet, I have a schedule of dates in mon-day-year format. I need to customize the data points on the chart which correspond to the dates on the schedule to be size 15. I have tried manually adjusting the desired points to be size 15, but then when another row is added to the data table and the dynamic updating takes place the customized points do not move with the data and instead remain static in place on the chart. This is taking place because I am customizing a fixed point on the chart whereas I need the customization of the chart points to move dynamically with the data.

I have been trying to get VB to assign a chart point's properties according to the value of the x axis label but with no luck so far...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back