chart presentation issue

abnan

Hello friends
I would like to explain you my requirement.
I have a sheet with 15 employee and their monthly based information,As you can see in attached file a red box with a main heading with 2 sub columns have the information of trips + commission, now i would like to represent the sub columns(trips+commision) as this driver has done this many trips for that this is the commision
view
also in the chart but it gives me only commision information only ..

Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GtXEaSkU6aX7fs8sgMGht6wEUO8sAJ_e/view?usp=sharing

any idea , how can i represent this clearly

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Hello

Google Drive told me I need permission to see the file, you may receive my request for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank You for your response..

I found the solution for the above task but im facing an issue witrh generating pie chart..

1) You can check my monthly wise data and there is another pivot table sheet "tripschart".i want to generate the chart for the month January and that particular data should be listed in pie chart but im getting first column data..
or
If I'm getting complete pie chart for a year for particular project trip columns for example: Alhawalitrips. The issue here facing i want next column field if i select debha trips then alwawali trips values are only shown.

Link :
Issue Imge: [FONT=source_sans_proregular]https://mega.nz/#!M6ZUCKYA[/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]!1w-xx844nmnMn03zz1NF5MWSAYfzApsRG2zgPVvCbqo[/FONT]
Data can be represnetated either row wise or columns wise but im getting error

excel file :[FONT=source_sans_proregular]https://mega.nz/#!Q3JU3Zoa[/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]!IgqB0mG8u42Br78oEsgfbL8WTq-bncbFJGDXLVhlvGE

[/FONT]
any solution

Upvote 0
Hi

I got the workbook and will work on it as soon as possible…

Upvote 0
  • Your pivot table source has calculations; the data is already partially pivoted. It can be done like this, but usually it is a normalized table, with records (rows) and the corresponding fields (columns).

• Do you really need a pie chart? It is a polemic chart type; some experts do not recommend it for most cases. I would use a column chart.
  • I would not chart the totals, so the monthly data can be seen in more detail. You can add a slicer for the months and filter that way.
  • Now the trips filtering. A pivot chart has some limitations, unlike a regular chart. If we stick with the pivot chart, one solution is to use VBA to hide or show each trip series. One worksheet button would select the series sequentially, another one would toggle visibility.
  • An alternative approach is to create a regular chart from the pivot table, as shown on the link below. This configuration allows for native filtering, with Excel 2013/2016.
  • Tell me if you would like a test workbook with the things mentioned above.

https://peltiertech.com/regular-charts-from-pivot-tables/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back