Chart Problem

MaddMike

Board Regular
I have a typical Line chart that displays the values as they are reduced on another sheet. If I hide the columns that the values are in on the other sheet my line graph disappears.

How do I fix this and still hide the columns with the data?

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Hiding a column is not much more than setting it's column width to zero (from what I can tell since the both behave the same way). I tried some low numbers and it looks like setting column width to 0.05 will effectively hide the column, while still showing the data. Anything lower and the data is gone. Unfortunately, excel will not tab over the column like it will when it is hidden. Another option is to put the column way off to the right so it is never seen.

Seems like a flaw in excel if you ask me...

K

Upvote 0
That's a good idea! I'll just set the column width so small it can't be seen. like you said.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
XL is far from perfect but don't be so quick to claim an XL problem when it's an option folks are not aware of.

Edit: Or I misunderstood the OP's post and it is a real problem. {grin}
{snip}

Seems like a flaw in excel if you ask me...

K

Upvote 0
Select the chart, then Tools | Options... | Chart tab. Uncheck the 'Plot visible cells only'.

Does that fix your problem? Or is it something else?

I have a typical Line chart that displays the values as they are reduced on another sheet. If I hide the columns that the values are in on the other sheet my line graph disappears.

Upvote 0
Select the chart, then Tools | Options... | Chart tab. Unchecked the 'Plot visible cells only'.

Does that fix your problem? Or is it something else?

Thanks a much better solution. Everybody should be made aware of this site. So much great help and willing participants.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back