Chart Quest...very stupid

Flue

Board Regular
Morning all. I'm sure this is a dumb a$$ question, but I am unable to come up with an answer, nor am I able to find one. :confused:

I have a 4 series Column Chart. I wish to use one series for a trend line. I can create the trend line, but how do I get rid of the column used for the trend with out removing the trend line?

I would then end up with 3 columns and 1 trend line. Right now I've got 4 columns and one trend line.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Right click the series and choose Format Data Series. On the Patterns tab set Border and Area to None. You can also remove the legend - click twice so that the entry is selected and press Delete.

Upvote 0
a workaround - pick None for both Border and Patters of that bar thats extra, after adding a trendline to it.

then select the label for that bar, and delete it. no one will know there used to be an extra bar on the chart.

P.S. or do as Andrew said :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ah...thanks. I was setting border and area to the same color as the chart area, but that Left breaks in the major axis lines.

See, told ya it was a dumb a$$ question.

I think I like adding an average line to the chart better, but it's more steps for the macro. I'll play with both and see which codes better.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiSonic

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back