Chart Question - Hide Weekends - Include "Slicers" with large data

dhsilv2

Board Regular
Hi all,

Hopefully this question will make sense but by all means if it doesn't please let me know.

I am trying to put together a chart using a stacked bar graph to show our daily cash position and the breakdown of the source (fairly simple). The first ask I got was to exclude weekends so they don't see a broken point on the graph and it would be preferred if I can avoid repeating the same values for the 2 days over weekends. The second was to provide management the ability to change the time range for the data, with my first idea being slicers. As we're wanting about 2 years of data the slicer idea doesn't work as it seem pivot charts don't support more than 255 data points.

Other items of note, I am trying to also have a line chart showing our debt on a second axis but if that's something I have to drop, so be it. That's of lesser value.

I can share a file but this is really and truly a simple dataset about 3 data points that make up the stacked bar and about 2 years of daily data plus the second axis and debt number as a line.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Hi

• Does your source data list the weekends? If not, use the “text axis” chart option and the weekend dates will not be created. If they do, hide their rows and those points disappear from the chart.
  • Are you working with a table or a pivot table?
  • It is true that the maximum number of value fields in a pivot chart is 256, so it depends on how the pivot table is created, concerning its layout. Pivot table slicers can be added to filter by month or year.
  • If you have a plain table and corresponding chart, it can be filtered by date and the chart will follow suit.
  • VBA can automate the tasks described above.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back