Charting question

intcon

Hello all!

I need to make a simple chart....a guy needs 148 windmills built, and he needs to know how many per week he has to build between september 15 and december 31....and then september 22 to december 31, etc. in one week increments...I am pretty sure this has got to be easy, but I'll be darned if I remember how it goes!
Your help is appreciated!

Carrie

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
On 2002-09-01 11:19, intcon wrote:
Hello all!

I need to make a simple chart....a guy needs 148 windmills built, and he needs to know how many per week he has to build between september 15 and december 31....and then september 22 to december 31, etc. in one week increments...I am pretty sure this has got to be easy, but I'll be darned if I remember how it goes!
Your help is appreciated!

Carrie
I really hope that I understood your question:
Eli

Upvote 0
reaaaaaaaalllly close! He needs a total of 148 windmills built....and he thinks he has from September 15- December 31 to do it, but they may move the dates to September 22 or September 29....(hows that for organized?)
Anyways, no more than 148 windmills, and no longer than December 31 to finish them all, but the starting date will be one of those three....(9/15, 9/22 or 9/29)
Sorry to be a pest!

Carrie
=)

Upvote 0
The following method makes everything explicit, rather than doing it all in one formula:
Book6
ABCDE
1NumStartEndHowmanyfullweekshaveyougot?Rate/week
214822/09/200231/12/200214.0011
Sheet2

The first 3 columns should be self explanatory.

How many full weeks have you got?<i/>

=INT(DATEDIF(B2,C2,"d")/7)

This takes the number of days between your start & end, divideds it by 7 to get a number of weeks, then returns the integer portion of that number. i.e. 14.29 will return as 14. This is to provide a bit of 'slack' in the scheduling.

Rate / Week

=ROUNDUP(A2/D2,0)

Simple calculation of the number to produce divided by the weeks available, this time rounded up to give a full number, again to provide some slack.

Hope this helps.

Paddy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back