Charts - Dynamically adjust Min & Max Scale ??

StanSz

Board Regular
Regarding Charts in Excel:

Is there a way to have the Min and Max values adjusted dynamically for the Scale of the values being displayed ??

I know that I can use named ranges to display various sections of data -- month by month, or quarter by quarter, for example.

But when the value of these ranges vary greatly from section to section I end of having to manually go and adjust the Min and Max values of the chart scale.

For example, if I was looking at a graph of the S&P 500's prices last November, a Min and Max range of 750 to 1200 would be fine. But if I had a dynamic range established and scrolled over to view the S&P 500's prices for this past February, I would need a Min and Max range of around 650 to 850.

Is there a way to have these Min & Max values adjust automatically depending on the values being displayed ??

Thanks

StanSz

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
You can use the code on this page to link the axes to cells. Then in the cells you can determine the axis min/max however you want (for instance using CEILING and MAX, or FLOOR and MIN or the like) that responds to whatever the range of the graph is.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back