Charts in a Report

rconverse

Hello,

I am trying to duplicate a report in MS Access. On the report I am trying to duplicate is a small bar graph. My table is one record per vendor and then the data I want to graph (service level, lead time, turns and ROI).

How can I get this to graph in Access? I keep creating a graph, but then it shows up as some default stuff or something. I have no idea what it's doing.

I am using Access 2007. I would have thought this would be a very easy graph to create.

Thanks,
Roger

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Hi Roger,

Noticed that there haven't been any responses to your question. Does this help?

Denis

Thank you for the reply, Denis. I looked at the link and this appears to be what I want to be doing, except on a report as opposed to on a form. But, I can use this tomorrow morning and try to follow the steps to create a chart on a form and then duplicate on a report. Hopefully, it will work.

Thanks again!
Roger

Upvote 0
Works on the form, not the report. Access gods...Why must you mock me?!?!?

That's seriously annoying. Why in the heck would this work on a form and not a report?

Thanks again for the reply Denis!

Roger

Upvote 0
If you've created the form with the chart then you're 90% of the way there. Follow these steps to finish the process:

1) Go to the control panel that shows Tables, Queries, Forms, etc. Click on Reports object.
2) Click on "New" at the top of control panel.
3) New window will open. Don't change anything. Just click on "OK".
4) Now you should see a new report in Design view. Go back to the control panel. Click on "Forms" object.
5) Navigate to the form you created with the chart. Click on it and hold, drag and drop it into the "Detail" section of the new report. Move and size the form however and whereever you like.
6) For detailed formatting, right click on the newly added form, click on properties, click on "Format" tab and edit away.
7) To see what your report looks like, click on "View" menu option and select "Print Preview".
8) Close and save the report with a unique descriptive name.
9) To print the report you can add a button to a form and in the button's properties/Event/On Click, type in a macro name. Create a macro with that name and in its "Action" put in "OpenReport" and for the details of the "OpenReport" action put the name of your report and choose "Print Preview" for the "View".

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
^^

Cool! I was just going to post that I found some stuff and it looks like creating the chart in a form and moving it into your report might work. :)

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Okay, that was easy enough. I am seeing the chart with the correct data, so that is good.

Now, the record source to the form and report is the same table. But my report is showing graphs for all vendors and then the detail for the first one. Then all graphs and the detail for the second vendor.

Is there a way to get this so that the record souce of the report and form are in sync?

Page 1:

Vendor1: Graph

Vendor1: Text

Page 2:

Vendor2: Graph

Vendor2: Text

and so on down the line?

Thank you,
Roger

Upvote 0
If you first created the chart in your form, you can view and change what is supposed to be displayed by looking at the form. Make sure you have closed your report first. By the way, if you followed the steps I outlined, then there should be <b>no</b> record source for your report. Everything should be coming from the form.

Look at your form in "pivotchart view". If it doesn't look right play with what you are choosing to display where. <em>I would suggest dragging and having <b>only</b> the vendor field in the multichart area.</em>

Upvote 0
Smart people RULE!

Thanks! I think I have it. It appears that I want to basically create the report as a form and then move the form into the detail of my report. I need to fix some formatting and what not, but the graphs are appearing correctly.

Thanks a ton everyone!

Roger

Upvote 0
Okay, I have it working correctly, thanks again!

I was wondering if there was a way to change the legend? For examlpe, my field name is service_level, however in the legend it is sum of service_level. I need to have legend because there are four bars in the graph.

The only thing I have been able to do is open that datasheet and manually change it, but that doesn't work.

Thanks,
Roger

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back