Charts in Access (or maybe Excel??)

Nancy2021

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Some background...I am trying to create letters for chronically absent students. I have a query and a report that gives me FirstName, LastName, DaysAbsent, DaysAbsentAverageAllStudents along with some other fields. I want to create a letter with a chart at the bottom comparing the days a particular student was absent with the average for all students. When I try to create the chart in the report in access it has everyone in the report on the chart, I would like individual charts for each student. Is this possible in access?? I also downloaded the information to excel. Is there an easy way to create a chart for each record? and then for either way I'm able to create the charts, is there a way to do a mail merge to put them in a form letter?

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
in Excel you could make a pivot table and put the student name as the page filter
then create a chart based off the pivot table

Upvote 0
Would this create a chart for each student? I'm hoping to there is a way to create several charts, one for each record, without doing each chart individually.

Upvote 0
after you create the pivot and put "student name" in the page filter you would have to go to the pivot options and select "show report filter pages"
and excel will automatically create a new sheet with a pivot for each student

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back