Check box a required field?

stafire_18

Board Regular
Im trying to change the properties of a check box to be a required field before saving a record. I change the Required="yes" but I am still allowed to save the record without having to check mark that box. I want to have to check mark it.

any ideas.?

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
A checkbox has 2 values - True/False.

By setting Required to yes all you are doing is forcing the user to enter either of those values, not True which is the value when the box is checked.

Upvote 0
that's what i gathered what was happening. do you know of any way i can get around it? maybe a value list or field list? Then just enter "NO" as the only option available so they have to select it?

Upvote 0
Have you tried setting the Default Value of the CheckBox to Null? When the user tries to move off of that record, you can check If isnull(YourCheckbox) then .....

You may have to remove the Required = Yes at the table level for this to work properly... otherwise, the user may not be able to cancel and exit without entering something into the checkbox, which you don't want either.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9Kimo3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back