Check Box Questions

krickette

OK, one more attempt at posting... it keeps logging me out at super inconvenient times.

So, I don't know anything about VBA. But I need this sheet done as soon as I can. I have a bunch of tags and I want to look at the errors for each of them. A friend of mine helped me make a macro to make the checkboxes, so that's good. Now I just need the rest of it done.

90vgax.jpg

on the left will be the tag date and name.

So, I need to make it to where people can search for a tag based on what error they want to look at. Like "Oh, I only want to look at tags that have error3." and then they do something so that they can see a list of everything with that particular error.

So after much banging my head against my desk, I think the best way would be to somehow link every checkbox with a sheet... So that if something has error1, the tag name (and maybe the date as well) get copied to a sheet named "error1".

If you can think of a better way, that'd be fabulous, but otherwise if you have any idea of how to code that....i'll be your friend forever.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Autofilter will allow you to pull everything out of a column containing "error3" from a dropdown list.

If you want an actual checkbox installed at the top of the page that doesn't bother with autofilter, and that's what your friends code creates, then we would need to know the names of these checkboxes, and whether you want it to use vbacode destructively (as in remove the stuff other than the results you want), create a new page with the results, highlight the ones you're wanting to see and hide the others, or sort based on what you want.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply!
I could do either autofilter or a checkbox, I don't have any experiance with either, so I suppose whichever seems easiest to learn.
I don't think it needs to be super duper fancy I think sorting seems like the most difficult thing. A new page or hiding the ones I don't want would be ideal.

Upvote 0
Also, I don't think a drop down list would work...unless I did 14 drop down lists that just said like yes or no. Each tag can have multiple errors.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back