Check Box's

JoeA

I have created a work sheet that uses several check box's for the user to make choices. After I got it working the way that I wanted I copied and pasted so that there would be 4 areas on the worksheet to calculate 4 different jobs.

All the calculations and information for each of the 4 different areas work as they should, independently, except that the Check box's seem to be linked. When I check a box in the first section, say box "A", it also checks in the other sections. Is there a way to make these check box's work independently with out creating new ones for each section?

Thank you,
Joe

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Is there a way to make these check box's work independently with out creating new ones for each section?
Yes. If you go to a copied checkbox and identify the Linked cell for it, I'm assuming it'll be the same cell linked to the original checkbox. You can change the linked cell for one of those checkboxes without altering the other.

Does that help?

Upvote 0
If you linked the 1st checkbox to a cell, then all its copies will also be linked to the same cell. Change the linked cell in the checkbox copies to some unique cell for each checkbox.

Upvote 0
Yes. If you go to a copied checkbox and identify the Linked cell for it, I'm assuming it'll be the same cell linked to the original checkbox. You can change the linked cell for one of those checkboxes without altering the other.

Does that help?

The linked cells for each of the copies is different.
The problem I am having is the actual check box not the linked cell.
When I place a check in 1 box "A" it also checks the other three box "A"'s.
I need to be able to check the box's independently.

Upvote 0
Hmmm...
I'm using Xl 03 here and I can't (so far) figure out how to make it do what you're saying.

Upvote 0
For a given checkbox, do you have VBA code that resets or clears the values in the linked cells of the other checkboxes? If you change the value in a linked cell, that will also change the status of it's checkbox.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAT RG

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back