Check threads for follow-ups

T. Valko

Hi Folks!

What is the best way to check threads that I've replied to for any possible follow-ups?

Email notification is out of the question! :eek:

So, that complicates things a bit more.

Here's how I do it now...

When I first log in I goto my profile page>Statistics>Find all posts by "me".

A list of all the threads I've replied to is generated. I then go though the list linking back to each thread from the previous day to see if there are any follow-ups.

While this does sort of work, it's really a PITA.

One big problem is that if someone posts a follow-up to a thread I've replied to a week ago, I don't have the time to go back that far in the thread list to look for follow-ups. If I did that I would spend all my time here just looking for follow-ups! :eek:

Can anyone suggest a better way? Is there a better way short of turning on email notification (which I absolutely do not want to do)?

Last edited:
How about User CP?

From the main menu bar, Quick Links > Subscribed Threads

That pretty much does what I already do, just taking a different route to get there.
Tony

I would have thought that Quick Links|Subscribed Threads should be considerably better than what you are already doing (Find all posts...)

1. The list is more compact so you can see more threads on a screen.

2. If you have made multiple posts to a thread the thread is only listed once, not multiple times.

3. If somebody has replied to one of the threads that thread gets moved to the top of the list (fixing the problem of checking the week-old posts).

4. If somebody has replied to one of the threads and you haven't since re-visited the thread, the title is bolded.

So with Quick Links|Subscribed threads, you simply need to check the bold threads - and they will all be conveniently located at the top of the list.

Tony

I would have thought that Quick Links|Subscribed Threads should be considerably better than what you are already doing (Find all posts...)

1. The list is more compact so you can see more threads on a screen.

2. If you have made multiple posts to a thread the thread is only listed once, not multiple times.

3. If somebody has replied to one of the threads that thread gets moved to the top of the list (fixing the problem of checking the week-old posts).

4. If somebody has replied to one of the threads and you haven't since re-visited the thread, the title is bolded.

So with Quick Links|Subscribed threads, you simply need to check the bold threads - and they will all be conveniently located at the top of the list.
With the details you described it does look like it should be significantly better than what I do now.

I'll give it a go and see how it works out.

Thanks! :cool:

Biff

Subscribed threads appear in chronological order, with the latest first.

With the details you described it does look like it should be significantly better than what I do now.

I'll give it a go and see how it works out.

Thanks! :cool:
OK, this method is significantly better than what I was doing.

Thanks to everyone for their input!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back