checkbox dropdown list with tally

rollin772

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good morning everyone. I am hoping someone might be able to help me with a request. I could not find quite what I was looking for with google searches. What I am looking for is a dropdown list with check boxes. On top of that a function that will tally how many of the checkboxes are checked to be used in a formula in another cell. A brief description of what it will actually be doing for me is as follows. I will have multiple drop down lists with employee names that I will be able to check. In another cell it will count how many employees I have checked in the different drop down lists so I can monitor total hours used.

Thanks much.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
first impression is that you want this to not be some kind of Userform in VBA. If using VBA and Userforms then I can imagine how it could be done but it is not a trivial exercise because it will involve close coordination of multiple Userform controls. If you could mock up a sample workbook and some representative data I might be able to give you some ideas.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your quick reply vw412. If you see attached screen shot. This is what I was kind of thinking. I tried to get a mockup with the dropdown list with checkboxes working but I appear to have trouble with that as well. What I am trying to achieve is cells F2:I2 would be labeled as "Employee(s) #" where I could click then a dropdown list would appear with employee names. Then I could check each employee from that list. Then it would tally how many total employees from F2:I2 multiplied by C2*8 to give me manhours used in J2.

Sorry if I am not giving enough information. If there is something else I can provide please let me know. Also when I was trying to make the dropdown checklist it took me into VBA I believe. I copied some code and pasted it after trying to assign a macro to the cell I was going to use as a button. As far as userforms I'm unclear what that entails.

Attachments

• EXCEL CAPTURE.PNG
    EXCEL CAPTURE.PNG
    47.8 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back